Girls finish 10th at State Finals

The girls’ varsity cross country team finished 10th in the California State Final. Jack Stovitz ’16 represented the Wolverines in the California Cross Country State Meet, finishing 60th out of 192 runners.

London Alexander ’18 led the girls with a 45th place finish and a time of 19 minutes and 51 seconds. Casey Crosson ’17 was the team’s second place finisher and 57th overall while Lochryn Howe ’17 was the Wolverines’ third runner with a 63rd place finish.

Stovitz was the only boy from Harvard-Westlake who qualified for the event, and he finished with a time of 16 minutes and 44 seconds.

The race was held at Woodward Park in Fresno, California.

The girls’ cross country team came in seventh out of 16 girls’ teams and the boys’ team came in 13th out of 16 boys’ teams at CIF Finals Nov. 24. Stovitz went as an individual runner after finishing ninth.

The highest scorer for the girls’ team at CIF finals was London Alexander ’18, who finished 34th with a time of 19 minutes and 28 seconds. Stovitz was the highest scorer for the boys’ team with his ninth place, 15 minutes and 36 seconds finish.

Because Stovitz finished in the top 10, he was the only boy from Harvard-Westlake who qualified for the State Finals. The team’s 13th place finish was not high enough to qualify the entire team like the girls.