Students perform at Valentine’s themed Coffeehouse

Members+of+The+Jack+Riley+Experience+perform+at+the+Valentines+Day-themed+Coffeehouse.+Credit%3A+Frank+Jiang+
Members of The Jack Riley Experience perform at the Valentine’s Day-themed Coffeehouse. Credit: Frank Jiang

Students performed at the Valentine’s Day-themed Coffeehouse in Chalmers East on Feb. 11.

Many musical performers, including The Jack Riley Experience, Daniel Novikov ’21, Imani Allen ’19 and Ford McDill ’21, showcased their talents. Prefect Michael Lehrhoff ’20 also performed stand-up comedy, including jokes from where he lives, the Pacific Palisades.

“What I really liked about Coffeehouse this time was the diversity that was introduced that I didn’t find in any previous ones,” Kayla Choi ’22 said. “There were many different types of performers. There was one that sang Kpop, and another jazz. It was just interesting.”

Prefect Council decorated the tables with buckets of candy, balloons and other Valentine’s Day gimmicks.

“I think it’s really fun because it gives students an outlet to be creative in a very homey, communal area, and it’s always really nice to see and support,” prefect Cleo Maloney ’21 said. “I enjoyed [McDill]’s melodica performance and [Lehrhoff]’s stand up comedy. Everyone today was really great, and I hope more people can come and support the next Coffeehouse.”