Girls’ Golf continues league winning streak

Daisy Wan ’20 tees off on the first hole of Woodland Hills Country Club during the Wolverines’ 199-280 victory over Louisville High School on Tuesday. Credit: Aaron Park/ Chronicle

The girls’ golf team remains undefeated in league play this season, beating Louisville 199-280 at the Woodland Hills Country Club on Tuesday.  The team’s combined score was its lowest of the season thus far.

Although suffering from the flu, Daisy Wan ’20 fired off a team-low 1-under 34.  Karina Guo ’18 made her first appearance in a league match this season, finishing at 5-over 40.  Josie Baker ’18 shot a 2-over 37, while team captain Chantalle Wang ’17 and Claire Dennis ’18 shot 7-over 42 and 11-over 46, respectively.  Carolyn Hong ’17 shot 16-over 51.

“That’s been our goal since the beginning of the season, to break 200,” Wang said, “so we’ve just been working at it, we worked really hard today.  I mean, Daisy came while she was sick, and Carolyn battled through.”

Several players also participated in a non-league invitational tournament at Simi Hills golf course on Monday, in which the team rested several of its starters.  The team’s next event is a mid-season tournament next week at Woodley Golf Course.