Wolverines defeat Knights, 84-53 on Fanatics’ “Silent Night”

Cassius Stanley ’19 goes up for a dunk. Credit: Cameron Stine ’17/Chronicle

The Wolverines defeated the St.Francis 84-53 behind 23 points each from Ali Iken ’17 and Cassius Stanley ’19.

Harvard-Westlake swept the Knights for the third consecutive season, after defeating St. Francis 66-38 on Jan. 15 on the road.

On what the Fanatics deemed “Silent Night”, which entailed the students dressing up in costumes and then not making any noise until the Wolverines scored 10 points, Iken was the spark necessary to get the Fanatics to explode, scoring all of Harvard-Westlake’s first 10 points, on his way to 19 first half points.

However, despite Iken’s heroics, the Wolverines only led the Knights 21-17 at the end of the first quarter.

The Wolverines led from wire-to-wire, never really giving St. Francis a chance to make this Mission League rivalry interesting.

With the Wolverines holding a big lead for much of the second half, Head Coach David Rebibo gave opportunities to players who normally don’t get as much playing time, a chance to get in the game, sending the Fanatics section into a frenzy.

With the win, Harvard-Westlake moves to 5-5 in league play and 17-7 overall.

The Wolverines will host Chaminade on Wed. at 7 p.m. on “Senior Night.” In the squad’s final regular season game of the year, Harvard-Westlake will travel to arch rival Loyola on Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.